Full-Time Director – Software Quality Assurance (10-20 yrs)
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
– You will be THE gatekeeper for a product, from a QA standpoint. It is your responsibility to ensure no issue — big or small, makes it to the production environment.
– Be responsible for 360 degrees of quality – whether in development environment (by making available sanity and regression test suite even before build is handed over to QA), QA environment, pre-prod or production environment.
– Build, develop and lead a large team of talented QA engineers. You need to be able to do more than just manage them. Every day, you will be guiding, mentoring and most importantly inspiring them at work.
– Have a thorough understanding of the product, to be able to build and manage a comprehensive test suite for every single release.
– Plan and ensure necessary and sufficient testing (Functional Testing, Load Testing and System Integration Testing, Security Testing) is conducted on the software, on time, before anything goes into production. Possibly automate all of them, and have them run in parallel to save overall delivery time. And then, automate some more.
– Maintain and optimally utilize all QA environments. Ensure necessary and sufficient environments are in place for QA delivery
– Build plans for managing everything – from projects in QA to people to resources to environments and of course your own deliverables
– Collaborate with cross functional teams (Engineering Managers, Product Managers, Project Managers, Operations and Production Support) on an everyday basis. We are a band of merry men after all 🙂
– There is only so much role we can define for a product in the hyper growth mobile/internet economy. As we build bigger and better things, be willing to take up bigger and better challenges
What we expect:
– Solid experience in qualifying large-scale, high TPS, self-correcting, multi-tiered Java systems.
– Be extremely quality conscious, have a personal aim at resolving every quality issue. Believe and drive excellence
– Drive innovation – whether in new technologies, new processes, new architecture, or simply new ways to ensure quality
– Capacity planning, coaching, mentoring and development
– Estimation, sizing and planning
– Creating test strategies, test plans and ensuring test case and test data development
– Creation of test closure reports to required standards
– Participation in requirement review, refinement and estimation
– Regression test planning and execution
– Provide UAT support to internal and external teams
– Automation and performance testing
– Be extremely data driven. The geekier, the better
– Be an excellent communicator. As a leader, not only will you be responsible for clearly outlining your vision to your team, but to management as well as cross functional teams.
– Bring you – A Game- every day, for you will be working in a fast-paced environment
– Stay curious, Question everything, Move fast and Break things.
– A proven track record of 10+ years in leading large Quality Engineering teams
– BE / BTech or masters from a Tier 1 university
– Any prior payment industry experience is highly preferable
– Brownie points given if you excel at something, apart from work
How to ApplyClick on this link to apply: https://www.iimjobs.com/j/wibmo-director-software-quality-assurance-10-20-yrs-527592.html . .
599 total views, 2 today